Yolo Candy LLC
Consumer Communications Commitments
At Yolo Candy, we are committed to being responsible marketers of our candy brands that bring joy to people of all ages. We believe our products can be part of a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle when consumed in moderation as occasional treats. All of our products have less than 200 calories per serving, some with under 100 calories, and none of them contain fat or allergens.
Yolo Candy values the opportunity to communicate with all consumers about the Company's products and wishes to do so respectfully and responsibly, especially to those under age 12. Yolo Candy supports the Children's Advertising Review Unit (CARU) and the National Confectioners Association in their efforts to encourage responsible marketing to children. As such, Yolo Candy complies with CARU and Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) standards governing all kid-directed marketing activity including TV, radio & print advertising and on-line communications, company-run websites, social network participation, and sponsorships.
The commitments we make when communicating with current and prospective consumers of all ages
- Yolo Candy communications will be honest in the portrayal of product attributes, including any claims about nutritional values. Nutrition information for a representative sampling of our products will be published on the corporate website to help consumers make healthy eating
- Yolo Candy communications will not disparage the pursuit of an active lifestyle or healthy eating choices, nor will they imply that confectionery products are replacements for balanced
- Yolo Candy communications will not promote excessive consumption of its treats, and will feature reasonable portion sizes for the situation depicted.
- Yolo Candy television, social media communications, third-party print and third-party Internet advertising will not show children under the age of eight to promote confectionery products unless accompanied by adults or images are submitted as user-generated content.
- Yolo Candy advertising will not use third-party licensed characters in a manner that blurs the distinction between the advertising and the TV program, movie or other entertainment
- Yolo Candy communications will not showcase violent or offensive behavior, or portray children in unsafe situations. In addition, communications efforts should not encourage discrimination on the basis of gender, race, religion or political affiliation.
- Yolo Candy will not advertise its products in elementary schools
- Yolo Candy websites will be open and available to people of all ages, but will require registration and age verification for contests and sweepstakes in accordance with COPPA/CARU guidelines. If Yolo Candy integrates advertising into on-line games or activities, it will be clearly disclosed as such.
- When communicating with consumers online, Yolo Candy representatives will appropriately identify themselves and respect the confidential information of fans and followers.
- When creating content intended for social media network consumption and managing social network fan pages, Yolo Candy will respect copyright and intellectual property, supporting the guidelines established by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) of 1998.
- Yolo Candy sends free sample products to reporters and bloggers for their review. Whenever Yolo Candy sends free product or provides any other type of incentive to a reporter or blogger, we request that they clearly disclose that in the body of their review, and ask them to adhere to our communications guidelines.
- Yolo Candy publishes these Consumer Communications Commitments on our Brand and Yolo Candy corporate websites, so that they are readily available for public review and response.
- Yolo Candy Consumer Communications Commitments will be reviewed and updated at least annually.